Yahoo mail is a free email service that is offered by an American Company Yahoo. Yahoo was launched in 1997 and as at December 2011 it was the third largest web based email service with 281 million users.
Though it has suffered outages and hacks, it is still one of the top web based email service providers. The bing search engine is a product of the same company yahoo. The yahoo email service has four classes, the business, free, plus and ad free class. In the paragraph below the different features of the classes will be discussed.
FEATURES OF FREE YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
- Email storage capacity: 1TB.
- Email attachment limit: 25mb.
- Account expiry on inactivity :12 months.
- Spam and Virus Protection.
- 100 filters to automatically sort incoming messages.
FEATURES OF PLUS/AD FREE YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
- 25MB of email storage capacity.
- 10MB message size limit.
- Up to 10 attachments per email.
- Archiving of email messages for offline access.
- No account expiration.
FEATURES OF BUSINESS YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT
- Unlimited mail storage capacity.
- Limit of 10 email accounts.
- A user can pay an additional $35 per year to have up to five custom email addresses and domain name.
To register for a new account, Yahoo needs some information about you , your first and last name, The username is the unique email address that you wish to use, which will be placed before`yahoo.com’. The steps below will give an insight on how to register for a yahoo email account.
GUIDE TO YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
- Logon to www.yahoomail.com with your phone or computer.
- Now Yahoo Mail Sign in form will appear, below the login form you will see “Don’t have an account? Sign up “. Click on it to complete the yahoo email registration form.
- Thereafter, click on “Continue” if you are done filling the form.
- After that, its time for you to verify your phone number. A code will be sent to your phone.
- Meanwhile, in next window, click on Text me a code. Enter the verification code you receive on your mobile phone and then click Submit code.
- Finally, click on Sign Up
- Voila, you can now Login to see your new account.
- Click on Let’s get started button to access the new Yahoo Email account.
Finally, whether we are creating a Gmail account or a yahoo mail account we should always try not to give away our password.
Thanks for reading and i hope that the guide helped you, if you have any questions, problems or contributions, feel free to use the comment box below.