Job TitleCyber Security Specialist Vulnerability Management
Why Work for Irving Oil?
Because of our people and the good energy they bring to work every day. We are proud of the people who make our company great because they are our most valuable asset. We want to provide our employees with great careers that will help them continuously learn and grow. This means we are always challenging ourselves to be better by providing the right programs and resources needed to help our employees achieve their goals. When our employees are successful, we are successful.
How You’ll Make An Impact
Our IT Security team is growing and we need a Cyber Security Specialist – Vulnerability Management to be our SME (subject matter expert), providing thought and hands-on leadership on how to improve, operate, and evolve our vulnerability management program across IT and OT systems. Whether you’re interested in full-time or contract employment, we’d love to hear from you. And while there is a requirement to work on-site from time-to-time in Saint John, NB, we are open to people working remotely.
Here’s How You’ll Do It
Using your deep cyber security technical knowledge, you will lead and conduct the identification, assessment, remediation, and management of vulnerabilities across our network. Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams you will effectively communicate and document the status of our vulnerability management to minimize negative business impacts and all other risk. Through the development of automated and manual processes and tools, you will put in place plans to address these risks.
Here’s What You Can Expect From Us
A safety first workplace with a collaborative People Matters culture that is open to new ideas in support of our corporate goals, high standards, and continual strides towards excellence. Our learning culture supports employees in achieving their career goals.
Here’s What We Expect From You
- Hands-on experience building and maturing vulnerability management programs.
- SME level knowledge in enterprise-wide vulnerability management processes.
- Hands-on experience in assessing and communicating cyber security risks.
- Ability to thrive and stay calm in a fast-paced, high pressure, ever changing cyber threat environment.
- Willing and able to stay current on vulnerability management issues.
- Creating and maintaining documentation supporting processes and tools.
- Strong knowledge of vulnerability management standards, industry best practices, and frameworks.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
- Minimum 6 years of experience in IT and cyber security.
- SME in vulnerability management IT and OT tools such as CyberX, Cleroty, Nozomi Networks, Nessus, Rapid7, etc.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Networking, related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience integrating vulnerability management and SIEM/SIM.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people in an easily understandable way.
- Proactive in communicating possible risks and recommendations to mitigate.
- Proven ability to drive improvement and evolve a vulnerability management program through collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams and getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Certifications in cyber security tools.
- Certifications in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library).
Job Requirements – Work ExperienceInformation Technology
Job Requirements – EducationBachelors: Information Technology
Location Saint John, NB