A Microsoft account is all you need to enjoy the benefits and services that Microsoft has to offer. Microsoft company is known for two of its popular packages: Microsoft Operating system(Microsoft Windows) and Microsoft office but today it provides many online services that aid our day to day task.
Microsoft account provides access to a vast range of tools and services. Some of the tools help you perform services such as create, edit and store documents, videos, images, and other files. while others help you communicate via chat and email, as well as share and manage files stored online. A fine divide between Microsoft account and other suites is that your files and services are stored online.
Unique Features of Microsoft Account
Some of the features that make Microsoft business account stand out are:
- It is a cloud-based service and so can be accessed anywhere
- Allows for easy access to services such as create, edit and share files anywhere with an internet connection.
- Access to a web-based version of Microsoft office.
- Offers basic tools such as file storage, email, and chat.
- With a single account, all the services and tools can be accessed.
Microsoft Account Tools
The Microsoft business account possesses a lot of tools and some of them are:
OneDrive and Office Online
The OneDrive is a cloud-based storage that you can use as your own personal online hard drive, with free space worth 7gb. OneDrive is also integrated with Office Online, a free web-based version of Microsoft Office programs which aids you in creating basic Word documents, Excel workbooks, PowerPoint presentations, and more.
Outlook.com, Calendar, and Messenger
A free email service, Outlook.com email makes it easy to send and receive an email from anywhere. The outlook mail comes with Microsoft’s other online services, such as Calendar, which allows you to schedule appointments; and Messenger, which allows you to send instant messages to your contacts.
This contains a suite of desktop or laptop applications you can download to your computer. Popular programs include the desktop version of OneDrive, which makes it easy to back up files from your computer; Family Safety, which lets you set parental controls for specific users; Movie Maker; and Photo Gallery.
To use these tools, a Microsoft account is needed. Every piece of information or data you create with Microsoft tools such as your contact lists in Outlook and Skype to an Office document stored in the cloud is connected to your Microsoft account. No matter how many of these tools you use, you only need one account to access them all.
Other Unique Features Of Microsoft Account ID
I know one might be wondering what a Microsoft Account is? Having a Microsoft Account ID gives you access all of Microsoft services. This means one login unlike before is all you need to enjoy all features of Microsoft.
- Aids in your Microsoft identity management.
- Update Users information which includes First name, Last name and address linked to the account.
- You can choose any language of your choice for interaction via email.
- Use Microsoft account to track billing and transaction associated with the Account.
- Enjoy multiple services that come with it such as Microsoft Cortana, Microsoft Movies/TV, Groove Music, Windows Feedback and Windows Store.
- Also, we can use it on your Windows Phones – windows 8 up. Bing, Skype, Outlook.com, Calendar, Exchange Online, Exchange Online Protection, OneDrive, Visual Studio(For Programmers), Xbox Live and so on.
HOW TO CREATE A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
In the steps below I will be guiding you on how to create a Microsoft account.
On your browser Logon to login.live.com
Navigate to Sign up now on the page.
On the Signup form that appears enter your personal details like:
Enter your First name and Last name.
Choose a Username.
Enter a unique Password that you won’t forget but if you do click on this.
Re-enter your Password.
Choose Country and Region.
Select your Birthdate.
Enter your phone number to help you secure your Account.
Enter the character displayed in the appropriate space provided.
Click on Create account. Your Microsoft account is now created, and the account settings page will immediately appear.
N/B: If you already have a Hotmail account or any account that lets you use any other Microsoft service, like OneDrive or XBox Live, you already have a Microsoft account—just sign in with your existing account information.
Thanks for reading and feel free to use the comment box if you have any problem. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to be updated with new articles.